Monday, October 30, 2006

On Archbishop Sheen

Archbishop Fulton J Sheen.

Many of us grew up watching him on TV in our living rooms, because our parents loved him. Some of us were too young to really appreciate him then, but we have learned over the years to do so. In Speech class in 93, I had to find a video of someone giving a talk and show how the speaker used the techniques the class instructor thought were essential for a good speech. Guess who I used?

My classmates had never really heard of him, so... I got to do TWO things in one. Give my speech (and got an A on it) AND find meaningful messages to use as my 'illustrations' to a captive audience. It was GOOOOOOD!! lol

One of my signatures is a quote by him that tells it like it is. That is something he was good at.

"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong,"
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen author of The Life of Christ

And I have blogged about his talk on Marriage Problems before.


Today, I visited one of my favorite blogs to try to keep up on the Church in a lower part of the State, and again was reminded of Archbishop Sheen... and the cause for his canonization.

HT to Terrence Berres of The Provincial Emails

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home