Friday, October 13, 2006

"Til I change my mind".....

I may not have a MA degree in theology, but I have enough common sense to realize that when one views their vocation as "temporary" they are less likely to give it their all.

I had time today to browse other blogs, and came across Kristen's Ramblings "TRIAL PRIESTHOOD?" She has made very valid observations.

I have been saying very similar things since the great exodus of so many priests of my age was coinciding with so many exiting their own marriages from the seventies to today after no fault, forced, unilateral divorce began inching its way across the nation (inching? nay, ROARING).

I happen to also think that this way of looking at things ( lets make it temporary... a trial...) feeds itself. It also causes important topics to be avoided in nearly every pulpit across the nation, not just Catholic pulpits.

"If I speak Truth, I may offend someone".... and "I MAY get driven out of the parish"....

As Kristen ended her comments... I join her in her prayer:

St. John Vianney, Pray for us! And I add... St Pio, pray for us. John Paul II, pray for us! Archbishop Sheen, pray for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home