Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Catherine Herridge and Baby Peter, another update

This came from Greta Van Susteren in today's email. An update on Baby Peter and Catherine Herridge tonight on her Fox News program.

****************


OK, since I try and give you some behind the scenes, here is the plan for today: In just a few hours I get to go to Catherine Herridge's home here in Washington, D.C., and see her family and baby Peter. I am excited about this. This is the first time I have seen Peter since his life-saving surgery (getting part of his mother's liver transplanted into his tiny body) and I am anxious to see him. I have seen pictures of Peter since his surgery (he is now pink and seems to have more than one chin, which is far different than the yellow, very thin pre-transplant baby that I saw in the hospital bed in Pittsburgh!)

Of course I am going to bring you along on this trip (the cameras are coming with us) since you have followed their story so closely since early June when Catherine and Peter were both admitted to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Our plan is to show you our visit with Peter and his family on Thursday night's show. You will see Peter, plus you see how one family's life went from a sense of despair to hope and now to great confidence for a full life for Peter.

I know the medical staff at the University of Pittsburgh does this life-saving surgery often, but to me it is extraordinary. Peter would be dead by now — he was that sick with no hope of getting better, but for this surgery and part of his mother's liver. I know from often speaking to Catherine that the University of Pittsburgh Hospital staff (from top to bottom) is truly remarkable: They really care about their patients and save lives every day. It must be enormously fulfilling to walk out of work each day knowing you have made such a difference in the lives of others and, in most instances, actually saved lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home