Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fr Altier Updated


Mar 5, 2005 6:15 AM
Speaking of Relevant Radio, had an email from someone about Fr Altier being ordered by his Archbishop to no longer be on the Radio and another site. Paul, at Just a Regular Guy, has also been trying to learn why. He has been updating this post continuously as he finds information.

I hope that we learn the truth about it soon, and that Fr Altier can return. Til then, if ever, he will be missed.


Update 3/6 4:15 AM

There are many out there who are trying to learn what and why this has taken place.

A good list can also be found here. You can follow the links for both sites, as well as read the comments sections.

The biggest thing that concerns me is that Fr Altier seems, from all that I have heard and learned from him, as well as bloggers that know him either personally or from being in/near his parish, to be a very faithful priest. Hence, his obedience to his superior does not surprise me in the least. While I find it sad, there have been many in the past who have also had to choose obedience rather than rebellion.

Dissension and strife is not virtuous, while humility, obedience is. God knows the entire story.

We can only pray and wait for the day when he is again allowed to speak/write and teach the Word of God.

(Padre) St. Pio had to do the same. The Venerable Solanus Casey also. These are just two priests. Look what they accomplished for Him. And there are so many others.

Mar 6, 8:20 PM update:

The Provincial Emails has a link to an article on the subject, and had blogged earlier at his site:
Here are my earlier posts on attending Virtus training and on contrasting Virtus myth and Jay Study fact. And here's the archived Fr. Altier site.

Brought up from comments section:

Georgette wrote:
Fr Altier is a wonderfully holy priest loved by his parishioners and listeners and has been going through much persecution from his bishop for being a faithful Catholic priest!

Get the entire story on the censorship of this holy priest here:

and the background on the VIRTUS and "Talk About Touching" programs here:

Mar 7 3:26AM Update:

There is another ongoing and very extensive list here of sites about Fr Altier at Free Republic.

In reading further tonight, I learned that Fr Altier is scheduled to speak for a Marian Eucharistic Conference in North Dakota in October. I am wondering if anyone has heard if this 'silencing' will affect this?


Mar 8, 2006

Has anyone learned the answer to the question above??


Will continue to watch and observe...
bringing this to the top, changing the date.

1 Comments:

Blogger WI Catholic said...

Someone said, and it could have been Padre Pio, but I am not at all sure about that.. That the first step toward Sainthood is Obedience.

If you are unfamiliar with him, he was told not to say public Mass nor hear Confessions for a long time, and did so without complaint until he was released from that. It has been a very long time since I read his biography, but it seems like it was ten years of obedience.

Fr Altier, whom I do not know at all other than hearing him on Relevant Radio seems to be heeding that advice.

I know nothing about the Viritas program, but what I have heard and read about it would bother me, also, if I still had young children. I did not need assistance to teach my children. I answered their questions as they came up, and when they reached an age that they were going to need to know more, if they had not asked, I told them. However, they also had an few excellent teachers that had short classes. Those reinforced what was taught at home.

Thank you for the info. It seems to be what others are saying, also.

God bless!

Monday, March 6, 2006 at 12:02:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home