Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Let it Snow, for once.....


It is already a white Winter Wonderland outside my patio door, and I am grateful, thankful, pleased.

NOT for the white stuff, but for the fact that I did not have to work the second shift last night and drive home in it, nor the third shift -- worse, because it would have meant driving both ways in it!

Not my favorite thing to do, though I am a Wisconsin resident nearly all of my life (with short stint at birth in Minnesota, and a few years right after that in Illinois). So many of my fellow Wisconsinites act like maniacs, and continue to drive the speed limit, in spite of the fact that everyone else with brains is going 40-45-50 MPH. And then, those semis! They often zoom past you in the center or left lane, swirling snow behind them that creates a white out, and endangers everyone behind them! Some of the larger vehicles also cause that snow to swirl this way, but NOT like a semi going like a bat out of hell on the highway!

While there are many more drivers that are safe, there are others who just have no conception of what their driving does to others on the road in snowstorms, INCLUDING a few who go extremely slowly on the highway.

It can make for very tense driving, believe me

So, on this wonderful snowy wintry 33 degree morning here in North Eastern Wisconsin, I wish you all a safe drive, and a good day, as I thankfully stay indoors and revel in that fact. It is a long winter ahead of us.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home