Monday, November 14, 2005

Blog-hopping can lead to very interesting places

Blog-hopping again today, and somewhere on the way, think from Blackfive, I ran across Jodi's profile, giving links to two blogs she has. One is a beautiful memorial tribute to her husband, Mike.

The other is to her blog that she is writing about her student nursing/widowed young mother days, and her family can use prayer. Her mother is now facing what Jodi faced five years ago with her husband's cancer and death at age 26. Jodi's step-father is in the midst of this diagnosis now.

While there, she had found a place suggesting Googling your first name followed by 'needs'. I did, and it was funny, in many ways, as I ended up on one page that said I needed a smile, and another that spoke of care-giving, and then another's blog of the same name. She had also done it, and she got most of the same that I had, plus one that said we need to shut up... I know many who feel the same way (grin) but this one probably won't.

Also, after going to that website, I found another interesting one to try regarding a birthdate. I tried it with each of my children's bdates, also, and have been playing around with it for some other's that I know. I do not believe in astrology, etc, but this was sort of fun.

Your Birthdate: April 27




You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything.
You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life.
Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal.
You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return.

Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone

Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge

Your power color: Cobalt blue

Your power symbol: Dove

Your power month: September

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

So nice of you to reference my blog. I really appreciate the prayer request. My Mom, Terry (Yes Terry and Jerry, too cute, huh?) and my stepdad Jerry could use prayers the most right now. I don't believe medically he has a chance for surviving much longer, but if only he and my Mom could find some Peace and Strength. My prayers are directed towards that most of all.
BTW, I wrote a lengthy response to you in my comment box on my blog.
You are such a kind person,
~Jodi

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 1:17:00 AM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I will pray specifically then for peace and strength for them. Though acceptance may also be needed. God bless, and I am heading to your blog now! grin.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 3:36:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home