Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Productsforgood.com

There are a few songs (well, if I am honest, a LOT of songs... grin) that move me to near or full blown tears. Two for my kids are Lee Ann Womack's "I hope you Dance" and Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" have messages that I have tried to teach them. Elton John's "I'm Still Standin' " has a personal message for me, mostly in the refrain. And there are others, Christian, patriotic... I can find them in nearly every genre of music. (Shocked myself to find that I have even found ONE in Rap! "Can I Live" by Nick Cannon.)

But one that has had tremendous impact on many people, especially since 9/11, is
Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". Though I have always liked his singing, his songs, that one has a special place now, more so than it would have ever had before the terrible events of 9/11.

This morning, I am continuing to listen to Fox News in the background while reading , because I realized that I was not going to be able to sleep just yet(when you work second and third shifts in one week, sometimes doubles, your schedule gets just a little "OFF" sometimes... from the rest of the world. I don't get shook, as I am no longer responsible for a family, so I can adjust as I need to.)

One of their guests this morning was Lee Greenwood, and he was introducing a way to help raise funds for the families of our fallen Servicemen, and explained how these items came about. They are made by disabled Americans, who benefit also as a result.

You can read about the project here, and see the shadow boxes that are made to hold one, two or four Iraqi coins that are no longer worth anything in Iraq, as Saddam decommishioned them after the first Gulf War. They are uncirculated coins. SO, if you are into coin collecting, history, helping others, or shadow boxes themselves, look into this website.

They have already done good in Iraq when purchased for their citizens. Now, they can help our families, also.

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home