Thursday, August 11, 2005

Seeking Information On Programming, RE Fr John Corapi

On Sunday morning Aug 7, 2005, I was on my way home from work, listening to Relevant Radio.

Fr Corapi was on, but I missed the name of the tape or program of his that was being used. He seemed to be speaking on Redemptive Suffering, and got into marriage, saying that part of the purpose of Marriage is the salvation of ourselves AND our spouse, and asked how much we would be willing to suffer in order to gain the salvation of our spouse.

Today's thinking is exactly the opposite. "I should not have to put up with this... " "I don't have to take this...." We think that if we are not happy, contented, etc all the time, we have 'rights' ...it is geared toward selfish thinking. Seldom do we 'rejoice' in any kind of suffering today.

Elizabeth Leseur did not think as we do today... and her diary after her death was the catalyst that spurred her husband's conversion...and ultimate ordination to the priesthood.

If anyone has knowledge of WHICH Fr John Corapi tape was played on the radio approximately 6:30 to 7:00 AM Central time on Aug 7, 2005, please let me know via the comments here OR via email available from the profile section of my blog.

On the website, it says:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is broadcast on the Sunday edition of Fr. John Corapi.

There are so many sections this may have fit under that I cannot begin to know where to look.

God bless!

Our vows:
The groom says:I (...), take you (...) to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

The bride says:I (...), take you (...) to be my husband.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.


"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong,"
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen author of The Life of Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home