Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fr McBrien article Refuted by Dr John Hubert

Fr Richard Mc Brien may be the media's favorite Catholic theologian for talking about the Church (on many forums, anyway), but to most orthodox Catholics who do heed the Holy Father, he is a voice of dissent. There is little that I can find to agree with regarding
Fr Mc Brien's opinions. Theologian or not, he does not speak authentic Catholic teaching/doctrine when he expounds, in print or on the air.

Now, he has one published that is in direct defiance of JPII's words regarding Terri Schiavo, AND he goes into results from the autopsy that are not there, nor inferred there!

I have been sitting on his article, and stewing about answering it, because though I am a nurse, it is not easy to refute medical findings in an autopsy from a nurse's stand-point, especially when you add that I would be speaking not only medical, but also Catholic teaching. I would definitely have brought in JPII's words on the subject , Bishop Gracida's words on the subject, and Bishop Vasa's (and the three other Bishops') words about Terri, Cardinal Javier Lozano Barragan and others.

But then ... a small miracle... Dr John Hubert, MD let it be known that he was in the process of writing a refutation of the very article I was sitting on! He has it completed, and he sent it to me via Word attachment, and it is wonderful. It is also posted online!

I recommend anyone who has had questions about Terri's autopsy due to conflicting news media that supposedly discounts her family members' contention that she was aware, and attempted to speak, etc to go and READ Dr Hubert's article as soon as you can, including his footnotes!

And THEN... pass it on to everyone you know!

He said what I wanted to say... and more... SO MUCH BETTER than I could have done!

God bless!

This post is also available at Blogger News Network.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home