Sunday, March 27, 2005

An Email From a Friend (with permission)

Just got back from Mass .... Msgr talked about how we do not realize what a watershed moment this is in our country .,.. how barbaric we have become .... you know ... I have a lot of trouble fasting ... and when it gets rough I tend to make myself full by drinking lots of water .... I cant seem to drink water ...

I remember many years ago when I used to volunteer as A CPC counselor ...
that we had a list of all the businesses & restaurants that donated $$$ to abortion providers .... one of them was a popular restaurant chain .... I never really thought about the restaurants because I really didn't make enough money to go out to eat ...but once when asked out on a date my
date took me to one of those restaurants that was on the list of Planned Parenthood contributors .... I had all but forgotten about the restaurant being on the list until the steak came .... I looked at that steak ...
and all that I could see was dead babies . I claimed queasiness and was unable to eat .

Now I can't look at water ... even the act of washing my hands ... I think of how Terri would love to have even the hand washing water right now . ( sigh )

On Friday ( Good Friday ) I started to watch the Passion on my computer .... scene after scene reminded me of Terri .... things that I had missed the few times that I had watched before jumped out at me now .... remember the guys in the temple who were trying to speak up for Christ ??? how they were run out of there ? those who had positive testimony were not allowedto testify .... Mary running up to her son ??? The drink that
Veronica brought to Him being thrown out of his reach just as he tried to drink?

Especially chilling were the scenes with Pontius Pilate .... how
his wife implored him ... can you picture Mrs. Bush imploring her husband?

the fear he had of the unruly crowds ? trying to pawn it off on Herod ??
finally finding a way that he could wash his hands of it all ....

What is going on with Terri right now has made the Passion of Christ more real to me ... Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers ...

Is the fact that Terri is being denied Holy Communion a precursor to US being denied Holy Communion ... in times of persecution Masses were held in secret ... at what point will God say ENOUGH!! When will He pull back His protection?? We saw what happened with the tsunami ...

What is happening in our country right now is GOD screaming at us ... to wake up !!!
but then what ????

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home