Thursday, March 24, 2005

Email from a friend who wrote about Terri

This email came to me awhile back, and I had thought I had put it here, and just found as a draft! It is still timely....

I just sent this letter to my senator:


Regarding Terri Schiavo in Florida.

I'm appalled that the government has largely ignored Terri's situation. From all evidence, Judge Greer has ignored testimony to her wishes (apparently because he mistook the date of a similar case). He has denied her contact with the rites and rituals of her Church, despite evidence that she was actively practicing it.

Now, apparently because of the judgment of "quality of life" Terri Schiavo (and tens of thousands of others) are being subjected eugenics, based on the judgment of persons who can't know what is going on in her mind currently.

At this writing she is being dehydrated to death, without current information. If you and I were in charge of the demolition of a building at 5 am some Sunday morning, would YOU throw the switch after you asked me, "Did you clear all the people from the building?" and I answered, "Well, we checked it 3 years ago." Judge Greer has apparently done the moral equivalent.

Animals cannot be starved or dehydrated in Florida. Death penalty criminals cannot be treated that way.

I'm appalled that the only downtrodden that seem to gain government protections these days, are the ones who can muster campaign funds or large numbers of votes. I don't believe that our government is anywhere near close affording enough protections. It seems that the national wealth is to be preserved by killing off those who can't speak for themselves, but we're willing to commit to more taxes and expenses when the people are voters.

I learned that in the US all men were created equal, that there were unalienable rights to all, not only those with voice.

Scott J

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home