Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Disgusting Commercial

I have seen some beautiful commercials, two of which haunt me, and I began my blog speaking of them.

But yesterday, I saw what I have to say was the most disgusting commercial I have EVER seen, and I am angry.

It has a young girl bringing home her boy friend to meet her parents, apparently for the first time. She sits down on the couch next to her father and takes out a Dentyne pack, putting a piece in her mouth, and suddenly, straddles her boyfriend, in heavy make-out mode, in front of her mother and father and ALL of TV land, including any children that may be in the room. Her father asks a question, her mother watches, then reaches for the pack, takes a piece of gum, and does the same thing her daughter did. And it played SEVERAL times on whichever station I was on, not just once.

The previous ones for Dentyne Ice , blowing on a train window and writing down her phone number, and another, a black and white turning color after a piece of Dentyne Fire were both goofy.
This one is DISGUSTING.

You can take my word for it, or view a 'sneak preview' that must have been online for awhile, since it is now being aired. And then, you can decide if you want to do something about it, including contacting them as they invite us to:

To contact us with any comments or questions, please call 1-800-524-2854.
OR
Welcome to the Consumer Relations Contact Us webpage. To ensure the quickest response, please select the brand name that you are inquiring about from the drop down list below.

The Brand name of the commercial I am speaking about is Dentyne Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home