Monday, October 17, 2011

Andrew Peterson - Dancing in the Minefields (Official Video)

This is a song that I have just heard for the first time, tonight.... and it is wonderful.... life IS full of 'minefields', and that's why our vows are "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until DEATH parts us.... not divorce. Marriage is not ended by man's unilateral, forced, no fault divorce... OR by our 'annulments' in most cases. God bless!  

 


Dancing in the Minefields by Andrew Peterson

I was nineteen, you were twenty-one
The year we got engaged
Everyone said we were much too young
But we did it anyway
We bought our rings for forty each
From a pawn shop down the road
We made our vows and took the leap
Now fifteen years ago
 We went dancing in the minefields
We went sailing in the storms
And it was harder than we dreamed
But I believe that’s what the promise is for
“I do” are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I’ve heard
Is a good place to begin
‘Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it’s an easy price
For the life that we have found
And we’re dancing in the minefields
We’re sailing in the storms
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that’s what the promise is for
So when I lose my way, find me
When I loose love’s chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days
When I forget my name, remind me
‘Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man
So there’s nothing left to fear
So I’ll walk with you in the shadowlands
Till the shadows disappear
‘Cause He promised not to leave us
And His promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos, baby,
I can dance with you

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. it is so beautiful . Of course i was crying after watching this!
True love, laying ones life down unselfishly for the other. being there forever and ever no matter what problems, dissagreements, differences come.
isnt that what we promised each other when we went before God and joined our lives. Through sacrificially loving another imperfect person we grow closer to God . We work towards our own salvation and help our spouse get to theirs. God willing we get to heaven together still holding hands.
For those of us whose spouses have left we hold on tightly/ closely to God as the most important part of our union. With him and thru him we pray for our spouses salvation.
love this video

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 9:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Yes, I also had tears when I watched/listened to this, several times. I thought of those I encouraged over the years to keep standing, who have been reunited, and are doing well today, some still struggling at times, but not thinking of the D word anymore.

We are hit by a HUGE mine... but there is always HOPE, because He is with us, and HE witnessed our Covenant. It takes 2 or 3 to form a Covenant... God and I are 2...

One thing that I am often told is that I HAVE to accept a Tribunal's verdict... but the Tribunals are not infallible. Should I ever have to, I will insist on the Rota as the Court of second Instance.

God bless... keep dancing through the minefield, and keep praying. Remember Hebrews 11:1 (I like it best from The Living Bible)...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 1:21:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home