Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Pakistan: Cabinet minister who defended Christians is assassinated

From the article:

Three weeks before his assassination, Bhatti had predicted that his reappointment as cabinet minister would “create some protests and resentment by many Islamic extremists. But my struggle will continue, despite the difficulties and threats that I have received. My only aim is to defend fundamental rights, religious freedom and the life of Christians and other religious minorities. I am prepared for any sacrifice for this mission, which I carry out with the spirit of a servant of God.”

Catholic Culture : Latest Headlines : Pakistan: Cabinet minister who defended Christians is assassinated

Sounding more and more like he may be a true martyr in the REAL sense of the word...may he rest in peace...

Lord, have Mercy!


God bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home