Monday, April 05, 2010

A Godly Instruction [on How to Treat Those Who Wrong Us]--St Thomas More



A Godly Instruction [on How to Treat Those Who Wrong Us], c. 1534


A godly instruccion, written by syr Thomas More knight,
within a whyle after he was prisoner in the
towre of London, in the yere of our Lorde .1534.

Beare no malice nor euill will to no man liuing.
For eyther the man is good or noughte. If he be good, & I hate him, than am I nought.

If he be nought, eyther he shall amende and die good, and goe to God:
or abyde nought, and die noughte and goe the Deuyll.
And than lette mee remembre, that if he shal be saued, he shall not faile
(if I be saued to, as I trust to be) to loue me very hertely,
and I shall then in likewise loue him.



Quote found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home