Monday, April 13, 2009

Pray for Marriage of Mel and Robyn Gibson

28 years.

I know the struggles of living with alcoholism.

My prayers are with this couple, for healing. It will not be only the almost ten year old who suffers as a result of this action. Divorce also affects the adult children of a marriage, just as alcoholism does.

God bless!


--
"Divorce tears marriage apart. It desolates both husband and wife. It leaves the children not only in tears but also in misery. We do not deny that there can be serious disagreement between husband and wife, but divorce is not the solution. When husband and wife have a disagreement, they should reflect, pray, sit together and discuss. Accept fault where you are wrong, ask for pardon, or consult a priest or other spiritual adviser, but do not divorce."
~~Francis Cardinal Arinze

1 Comments:

Blogger WI Catholic said...

gragg

I deleted your message d/t to questionable nature of the video cited. When I have to download anything in order to 'see' a video, I do not do it.

As to the comment that you know the reason, citing 'irreconcilable differences'... if you know ANYTHING about divorce in nearly every State in the US (except NY), IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES IS the only real grounds with forced, unilateral no fault divorce!!

It means nothing other than one party wants out, and can range from 'I just don't love you anymore', 'I have to be me' to adultery or danger to life.

It is a completely meaningless term.

God bless!

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 2:41:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home