Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Unrelated Links -Trackbacks?

I have noticed for awhile, since finding this on MY blog, that suddenly there seems to be MANY 'Links to this post' that are absolutely UNRELATED to the topic at hand. It made me feel miffed when it happened HERE, but worse, there is no way to follow through to find them, and delete them from your website, because they can be on OLD posts, drawing readers to NEW posts that have NO relation to the topic.

That is, to me, outrageous.

Are 'Stats' becoming so important to people that individuals are doing this somehow? Or is this a 'bot' that makes these 'false' links ??

I don't like it. I am strongly tempted to remove the link back to this post in protest.

I also find that (though I don't read a lot of secular blogs) it seems to be from many Catholic blogs.

Maybe this seems like a petty rant/gripe. Perhaps it is, but it has bugged me ever since I noticed it.

They also seem (from the ones that I have witnessed HERE) to 'appear' shortly after new posts are made at times. A new post goes up, I get a comment, I respond to the comment, and there are five or six 'back links'... NONE related to my topic (and yes, I do check them out, mainly to say thanks for the link -- only to find that it is NOT even REMOTELY related to my post. Trackbacks are not reliable anymore.

I'd appreciate knowing how this is happening if anyone can tell me.

Because to me, it is almost beginning to look unethical.

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home