Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bairns Are A Blessin


Last evening, I got a phone call from my son, asking me to stop by his house before I went to work. He wouldn't tell me why he wanted me to stop, just said there was something he wanted me to see, and would only take about fifteen minutes.

I told him I'd try, but had to lie down for awhile before working the night shift, so if I woke too late to leave, I'd have to stop in the morning on my way home. PROBLEM... he works today at 6:30 AM, I'd not be done until at LEAST 6:30 AM.

So it would not work out. There is no way that I could get there before he had to leave for his job.


He then said, sounding very disappointed, that they would have to wait until Sunday.
I told him I'd try to make it on my way to work. Then...about an hour later....

I was cancelled, so I called him back to let him know, and to ask him if he still wanted me to come over. He said it was up to me. I told him I'd come. Katie, in the background encouraged him to just tell me.... So he began his story...

Near quotes:

"Tonight when I got home from work, Haylie met me at the door with a hand-written pink heart-shaped note, and then ran away."

He read the front side............







....turned it over, and read.....









He said he just stared for a minute, then looked at Katie, and they said at the same time.....

He: "You're pregnant?"
She: "I'm pregnant!"

Katie said that the look on his face was priceless....


Sooooo, Grandchild Number Seven is due to join us approximately NOV 4, 2009.

2 Comments:

Anonymous SC Phelan said...

Congratulations! What a great story.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 2:30:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Thank you! I loved it as well.

God bless!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 3:45:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home