Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Fwd: Washington Approves Assisted Suicide

The banner doesn't always fit on my blog...

Wonder how long it will take before it is a 'duty to die'....

God bless!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation


Washington Approves Assisted Suicide
November 5, 2008 (Seattle Times)

Voters approved Initiative 1000 on Tuesday, making Washington the second state to give terminally ill people the option of medically assisted suicide.

The ballot measure, patterned after Oregon's "Death with Dignity" law, allows a terminally ill person to be prescribed lethal medication, which would be self-administered.

With about 43 percent of the expected vote counted Tuesday in unofficial returns, I-1000 was being approved by a margin of about 58 percent to about 42 percent.

Supporters, led publicly by Democratic former Gov. Booth Gardner, said the initiative would provide a compassionate way for terminally ill people to die.

(continue reading...)
(remarks from Wesley J. Smith...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter voted to approve this - I voted AGAINST IT - she's NEVER getting a Power of Attorney over my affairs - cause the POA has the power to speak for the person they are POA over. :(((( Very DISCOURAGING!!!! I'll give the POA to my son!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 4:21:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Wow... I knew that, but had not really thought of it. All I thought when I read that this had passed was... "I wonder when it will become a DUTY to die...?"

God bless, Bevy!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 6:26:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home