Friday, August 08, 2008

Coldplay "Viva la Vida"

I am looking for others' opinions about Coldplay's song, Viva la Vida...

I am HOPING that this interpretation is NOT correct.

Coldplay Provides Food for Thought in "Viva la Vida"      8/8/2008




The latest hit from the rock group Coldplay, "Viva la Vida," is raising controversy as it rises on the charts. Why? Dr. Janice Crouse, Senior Fellow and Director of CWA's Beverly LaHaye Institute, says the song overtly raises some deep spiritual questions about the nature of faith. Listen | Download

2 Comments:

Blogger The Libertarian said...

I don't agree at all. I can see how SHE can see it in the song, but I don't get that impression from it at all. Music interpretation is different for every individual. I like koRn but that doesn't mean that I interpret it the same as all the others. I feel that people take songs in because they have a connection with it internally. If I have strong ties in my faith then I will tend to find faith ties in music I like.
"seas that rise when I gave the word." Sure could be faith based, God can raise the seas. Thing is if you take one sentence literally then the whole song has to be taken literally. I agree with this one to a point.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080525133756AACBH9u

Monday, August 11, 2008 at 8:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I agree. But I cannot see what the woman on the tape sees in that song. And if it is anti-Catholic, I have a young nephew who loves this group. So I want to know if anyone KNOWS what this one is about.

Wish I knew them, and could ask them...

God bless, Irish Eyes!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 8:14:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home