Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hannity makes no sense....

I talk back to the TV. Ask my kids about it. They often have told me that those I am talking to cannot hear me.

I know that, but I feel better saying out loud what I am thinking when I get frustrated, or even overjoyed at what I hear.

Quite awhile back, I was talking back to Hannity a lot, because he was continually pushing Rudy Giuliani as the best choice for President of the United States. At the time, no one had really announced just yet, but Sean Hannity really wanted Rudy to run. At one point, he even verbalized that we may have to give up some of our stands in order to have a President who would stand firm against the nation's enemies. I thought that I had blogged on this back then, but I cannot find it. I was livid.

WHY? Because not only was Rudy NOT in favor of most of the things that many have used as part of determining who they would vote for. There are LIFE issues that I look for, among other things, and he stood solidly against them. "Personally opposed to abortion, but..." is not part of my vocabulary on any of those issues--Abortion, Euthanasia, Embryonic Stem Cell Research and Cloning, and Marriage being between one man and one woman.

So here is Catholic Hannity speaking to 'Catholic' Guiliani about running on the Republican ticket, and yes, I was talking back!

So tonight I am listening to Hannity again, and tonight he is definitely fired up about why McCain is NOT 'conservative enough'...and why he is opposed to McCain's candidacy... and I am thinking, "But a few months back, your issue was keeping the country 'safe' by having RUDY run, who does NOT stand for any single other issue that 'conservative' voters think are important (moral issues, true)... and you were willing to give those up to keep us safe... yet McCain DOES have the same firm stand against Islamic fanatics, AND is pro-life...
and you don't want him ??"

Hannity speaks out of both sides of his mouth sometimes.

As a Catholic, there is no way that I could support Rudy Guiliani. I am glad that he has left the race. As a man, I have no respect for him for his personal life. His word is NOT honorable, as evidenced by broken vows, infidelity, two previous marriages. Sorry if that offends anyone, but if a man's word is his honor--Rudy fails.

I do not know WHO I am going to vote for this year. NONE of those left impress me. Not one.
Romney is a Chameleon... McCain worked with Feingold (argh!) and got their bill passed, and has also done other things that I did not agree with. But... he 'can work with the other side of the aisle'... right....

Huckabee hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of succeeding, even though he has been doing MUCH better than many ever thought he would.

Those I did like are no longer in the race.

Meanwhile, Clinton is making me wonder what she will ever do when Venezuela's President starts calling HER the devil... cry? Say he is picking on her???

And Obama is such a good speaker, with sound bytes all over his speeches ("Yes, WE CAN!") that many are swept away with his words alone...

Primaries are coming up, and for the first time in my life, I do not have a candidate that I really want to vote for. Not even to prevent someone else from winning.

God help us.

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home