Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Thompson Leaves Presidential Race

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefitted from our having made this effort," Thompson said in a statement.

One by one, those that I could vote for are leaving the race to those I ... don't want to, can't, or won't... vote for.

More here.

Telling his supporters to “stand strong,” he said, “We will always be bound by a close bond, because we have traveled a very special road together for a very special purpose. You know, it’s never been about me. It’s never even been about you. It’s been about our country and the future of our country … And because of your efforts and because of our working together, our party is being required to look itself in the mirror, decide where it’s going, decide who it is.”

I am reminded of the story of Jacob and Esau. Esau sold his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of pottage. Then a dishonest Jacob and his mother plotted to gain the blessing of Isaac, the father of Esau and Jacob.

What are we losing by denying the platform of the Republican Party for economic and domestic stability (by possibly voting in those who have not kept their promises even to their own wife(ves) several times), etc?

I am not sure that we will have the same blessing that Jacob got from God, though. I am thinking that we may end up with a bit of Judgement... Jacob was not killing pre-born babies, or the disabled...

Just thinking out loud.

God Bless!




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home