Monday, September 17, 2007

The Lion of Munster A Hero for Today

There are times that I am immensely glad that I have tracking aids on my blog to know what brought people here, and tonight is one of them! One search that brought someone to my humble blog also took me HERE (The_Editrix's Roncesvalles) to read one of the best articles on one of my personal heroes that I have read so far.....

I have LONG admired The Lion Of Munster, Cardinal Clemens August von Galen, now
Blessed Clemens August von Galen.

I have read his words (as many as I have found online), and I have quoted him.

I have asked him to intercede for those who are being put to death simply because others judge them to have 'useless' or 'non-productive' lives. Especially in today's society where denial of basic necessities of life are becoming widely accepted -- namely, food and water to non dying disabled people deemed not to be worthy of life, we need more like him.

This man stood up to NAZI Germany, where speaking out against those in power often resulted in the death of the person who did so! This man's words were heard around the world. He thundered those words from his pulpit! He did not worry about losing tax exempt status. He did not worry about losing large donors to his parish. He did not worry about 'offending' those sitting in the pews.

HE SPOKE TRUTH!

We do have a few Bishops who have written about the travesty of killing Terri Schindler Schiavo, and a few priests who have done the same. God bless them! But MORE should be speaking Truth from the pulpits than do. NONE OF THEM need to fear DYING for those words at the hands of the Government.... yet!

We need Brave Leaders to speak out against this era's Evils plainly and loudly. Against evils such as:

ABORTION,
EUTHANASIA IN ALL FORMS,
EMBRYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH,
CLONING,
SAME SEX MARRIAGES, BUT... EVEN MORE IMPORTANT...

AGAINST THE EVIL OF NO FAULT, FORCED, UNILATERAL DIVORCE THAT DESTROYS MULTITUDES OF VALID MARRIAGES, AND THEN SENDS THOSE SAME VALID MARRIAGES TO AMERICAN TRIBUNALS FOR THE 'REQUIEM'... THE GRANTING OF A NULL VERDICT FOR GROUNDS THAT ARE NOT LEGITIMATE!!!

We need more von Galens, more Thomas Mores***, more John Fishers***, more Maximillian Kolbes ***...we need TRUTH, and leaders who are not afraid to teach it, to preach it, to stand up to the enemy's lies, to fight the evil of today.... .

After all.... they won't die for speaking Truth.... yet.


Blessed Clemens August von Galen, pray for us!
St Thomas More, pray for us!
St John Fisher, pray for us!
St Maximillian Kolbe, pray for us!

*** Died for speaking and standing up for the Truth

" My people perish for lack of Truth! "

God bless!

ADDENDUM at 9:02 AM same date:

I received a response to an email I sent to The_Editrix pointing me to another piece she had written that I also agree with completely. That article also reminded me of another hero-martyr of this same era that I think of often, but did not think of earlier when I wrote this. I join her in her prayer.....
St Dietrich Bonhoeffer***, pray for us.

And I go even further ... I agree with her next statement ... "We need it" Amen.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The_Editrix said...

I am glad you like my article about Cardinal Count Galen and thank you for your interest in my blog.

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 5:46:00 AM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

You are VERY welcome!

You did a lot of work on the article on Cardinal von Galen, and it is well done! I even learned a few new facts that I had never known before (small details).

God bless!

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 8:35:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home