Sunday, April 22, 2007

Travel, Sight-seeing, and Discerning....

I am again debating doing some travel nursing for awhile. I like what I am doing right now, and that is the difficulty of my decision, but if I continue to put off something I have wanted to do for a long time, I may never do it at all.

I had found an ad a few years back for an RDH from May to Sept in Alaska. I would have loved to have applied for it. While I would not want to live forever in Alaska, I would like to see that State some day, and that would have been one perfect way to do so! But just before I found that ad, I had made a promise to my grandson. Promises are meant to be kept, and especially to a child. So I never applied.

We enjoyed that trip, and now, three years later, he wants to go back again, and has been hinting to his Great Aunt via his mother (my daughter)... and while at this time, I am unable to think Alaska, I can think... Virginia.

There is so much history out there in that area, and I enjoy history. Not only US history, but also Church history. Where they live in VA, they have close access to DC, Maryland, and easy travel time to Emmitsburg (St Elizabeth Seton) , Baltimore, even New York, St Patrick's Cathedral. Civil war places up and down the East Coast as well as historical places that are older than the Nation itself, like Jamestown.

So I am praying about it now more than ever. It may be fun, as well as educational. The best part is that if I DON'T like it, I don't have to stay long!

The only problem is... I am back to where I began... I still like where I am working at the moment. Because it is 'temporary' (but has already lasted over a year...), it could end anytime, contracting month to month. Should the need no longer be there... well, it won't take much persuasion!

Pray for me! Grin.

God bless!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home