Monday, March 20, 2006

Mother of the Groom Saga continues

Today, three things will be accomplished on the way to "W" Day, and two are already done.

My dress... gorgeous. My Irishness will show magnificently in all its glory in my very green (almost a hunter green) dress. It is very pretty. (Of course, when on this little pudgy hobbit, it retains its beauty in spite of...lol).

So, to Alban's of Oshkosh, and especially to MEG... THANK YOU! (Photos someday, but sorry, not til wedding...)

More importantly, today was the day that I met with Deacon C to sign the papers under oath that I know my son, that he has never been married, that he was Baptized and Confirmed, and that I have never heard EITHER of them say anything that would indicate that they do not understand what it is that they are doing on May 19, that they are not being forced to marry, and that they are open to children.

I had no problem signing this form, but as I left, as I returned home, I suddenly remembered that there had never been this 'form' for me to sign when my second daughter was married in the Church, and I wonder who were HER two witnesses that she'd never been married before, etc?

Ah, well, I told Deacon C that of all my three kids, probably the one who understands what I mean by indissolubility the best is my son. He has lived with me since I took my stand long ago, and has lived with this knowledge since his infancy. The girls were just a little older....

Finally, the third Wedding thing to do today is to meet with my future DIL's Mom later. She had an idea, and I like it immensely. So we are going to do it. What a wonderful gift to have a future MIL for my son on the 'same wave-length'!! And THAT part of this lil writing also won't be revealed until after the wedding....

Two months from yesterday, my son will be married, and I will have a third daughter.

May they take care of each other all the days of their lives...and aid each other to His Home.

God is Good.



God bless!



Addendum next day:

We did not get to do the third today, as MOB was kept late at work, and I had to get to CPR class. I HOPE that we can still go.... have to get hold of her later.



Update June 27, 2006 The Wedding


Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

How exciting! It's so close now!

It's wonderful you get along with your son's future MIL. And you sound like such a wonderful MIL (calling his wife your daughter...I wish I had a MIL like you!)

I don't remember anyone having to sign such a paper as you mentioned when Rob and I were married in the church. It's good that they're doing that, though!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 3:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I guess you have to ask my sons-in-law what kind of MIL I am... lol.

I am glad that this was done, also. One of the questions was had I heard or seen any evidence of EITHER one not really intending this to be a true marriage... not worded that way. I can't remember exactly how it was worded.

But I told Deacon that I am convinced that they do know what they are doing, and that if either ever tried to 'wangle out of it someday', I will testify before any Tribunal in the Land that they did know.

God bless! Hope that Natalie is still doing well!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 4:26:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home