Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thank you, Dr Huntoon!

As a person living in Northeastern WI, I don't often get an opportunity to meet or speak to those in other areas of the country, but the wonder of internet always amazes me. I have been touched by so many people via this world wide internet, and some I have eventually met in person, to be blessed even more.

Email is simply amazing also, as it is a vehicle that I can let those people know that they have touched my life through a book, an article, a picture...or caused me to act by something that was said.

It was not until I got my first computer that I really had a chance to learn who Terri Schiavo was. I got the first computer in May of 1999 while taking a 12 credit Community Dental Health Certification course that was brand new, using Mom's for a few months before then. Sometime after that, I heard of Terri and began to talk and write about her and her situation as a disabled woman. As a nurse who has taken care of MANY brain injured over the many years, and has also taken care of many developmentally/cognitively disabled of all kinds, babies to elderly, I tried to teach people the facts. Terri was not brain dead, was not dying, was not on life support, was deserving to live solely because she is a child of God, deserved to have continuing therapy, etc etc etc.

Today, I was touched by an email that appeared in MY inbox, telling me that I may be interested in something written that was now published on another site by Dr Thomas Droleskey (www.christorchaos.com). And it is good. I also urge you to go to the other hyperlinked sites and read them while you are there.

Thank you, Dr Huntoon!

L.R. Huntoon, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.A.N.
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home