Friday, July 01, 2005

"Can I Live?" WOW

Thanks to WriteWingNut, I learned about a musical artist I had never heard of (and probably would never have heard of, since I seldom listen to any rap music...)

But this one has a message that needs to be heard. I have often said that I have never met any adult born of a single mother, adopted nor kept, who had a good life or not, that wished that the decision to abort had been made instead of the decision to let them live.

I have heard talks and read articles by survivors of abortion attempts, like Gianna Jessen and Amy Charlton .

Gianna's story, as well as those of Jim Kelly, Sarah Smith, Sarah Brown, Ana Rosa Rodriguez, Baby Claire, Baby Grace, and Baby Hope and others, are told on other sites.At the first site, , the article begins... "These are not names well known in America. But they should be. They are the names of a few of the survivors of the longest, deadliest war in U.S. history: the 30-year Abortion War."

Some survivors are not so 'lucky' as those above who can speak and tell us about their survival. There is a survivor of George Tiller's partial birth abortion adopted and named Sarah Brown. Her story is both heart wrenching and loving, as she was adopted and cared for until her death at age five. Born as the result of a botched partial birth abortion on July 15, 1993, Sarah lived until Sept 28, 1998.


I am an adoptive mother, and nearly everyday since our first daughter came home with us (after having known about her for 26 days), I have thanked God for her birthmother, who had made the decision for LIFE for her child, and then allowed me to raise her. My second child's bmother has TWO grateful sets of adoptive parents thanking God, as she chose life and adoption for two daughters, about 3 1/2 years apart.

I know MANY adoptive parents from before and after Roe v Wade who share this gratefulness. But, for ever adoptive parent that I know, there is at least one, probably two, and possibly more adoptees. I know many.

NONE would have preferred death in the womb. Not one. ALL are grateful to their birthmothers for LIFE. Especially those born after Jan 22, 1973.

I also know many who were born to unwed moms who chose life, raised their child, and never regretted it though they had many hard times. And THEIR KIDS, now adults with children of their own, also are grateful to be alive.

I have known those kinds of survivors of abortion for years. I now add another, and recommend a very powerful video. I am not usually one to recommend ANY music video, since most of them are terrible in the mental images that they project. However, I have watched and listened to this one. And I urge you to also.

Nick Cannon is highlighted in this article from LifeNews.com . I have to quote just a bit from the article, but hope that you go there to read the rest of it, and to the website that tells of Nick Cannon.

Quote:

“It is our hope that MTV and radio stations will not ban or prevent the playing of ‘Can I Live?’ because of their political views on abortion," said Brandi Swindell of the youth pro-life group GenLife.

"This video represents the emerging passion in this generation speaking out on the issue of abortion. This is the first wave of a post Roe v. Wade generation telling their side of the story. 30 years ago the proponents of decriminalized abortion forgot to factor in that in time they would have to deal with a generation that recognizes the pro-choice line falls short in that it denies an entire group of people the right to exist. No one knows what it's like to be open prey in your mother's womb unless you were born after 1973," Swindell added.

According to another article, Nick Cannon's official website has a forum where
"
One woman recounted how his video confirmed her in her last minute decision not to have an abortion."

I also read some of his messages on the forum at the official website, and two of them are quoted here:

dated 4/3/05

Hey y'all It's Nick,

Thank you for all the support with my "Can I Live" record. It is really taking off. We are shooting the video very soon. It is going to be great! This record is extremely important to me and to our community. There are alot of young mothers in need and have had to struggle to raise their children. I just wanted to recognize all the strong women who are raising children on their own like my mother had to do. Myself and my foundation really want to help these young women. If any of you out there know a single mother between the ages of 15-25 who may be having a difficult time I would love to hear the story. Please write to me and explain the condition and how I could possibly help. I will check the website and respond accordingly.


Nick

dated 6/27/05

Hey everyone!

Please tell your story on how my song and video "Can I Live'' has effected your life. I am publishing a "Can I Live" book and would love to share your personal experiences on how my song and video has changed your life! Please submit your story along with permission to use your story and a photo if possible! This is for my non-profit foundation! Please send your submissions to nickcannonfanclub@ sbcglobal.net by July 15Th 2005. I can't wait to hear your stories. There are some touching stories in the guest book and message board and I will be contacting you also for permission to publish your story!

Nick



Now, turn up the volume just a bit, and go watch the video, "Can I Live?"and for those, like me, who can't QUITE catch all the words to rap... You can find the lyrics here! (grin)



Video Added Mar 20, 2009 by WI Catholic

"When the freedoms of one group of helpless citizens are infringed upon, such as the unborn, the newborn, the disabled and so called "imperfect," what we do not realize is that our freedoms as a NATION and Individuals are in great peril." ~~Gianna Jessen
Testimony of Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen on HR 4292~~July 20, 2000




Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Judson said...

Thanks for the link to the lyrics. I couldn't quite catch all the words, either. :)

I'm also struck with the fact that these days so many children, like those featured in the video, are being raised in a world where young folks are horribly aware of abortion and what it is and what it means. (I don't think it really hit my radar screen until I went to college. And my biggest childhood cause was reducing litter, if I remember correctly.)

I wish we could have spared them that.

Saturday, July 2, 2005 at 7:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I don't think it REALLY hit me until we had to be put on waiting lists in order to adopt, and later, when my girls were a little older. The thought that had their bmothers felt the way so many do, our girls would NOT be alive... that was an eye-opener.

We are forever grateful that they did not feel that way. All of my children were born after Jan 22, 1973. All are very pro-life! The fact that they prayed with me as little ones at our local abortuary may have also helped.

The 'special cases' issue was addressed when my oldest was in a debate at a Catholic school in eighth grade, when someone brought it up and ALMOST sold her. One question from me convinced her. "What if some day, you search for your bmom and learn that you were born because she was raped?" Her eyes widened, she said...OH... and went back to the school armed, telling them of her being adopted, and asking them to think about how it would be to not know her...if she has been a 'special case'... Her teacher called me almost immediately to let me know how proud she was of this student. I am, also.

Saturday, July 2, 2005 at 9:02:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home