Friday, March 04, 2005

Duplicitous Justification of Adultery

For many years, I have been speaking out against forced, unilateral 'no-fault' divorce where the respondent basically has no rights other than to 'accept' what is happening and 'get on with life'. One has only got the right to make property division and child custody/support agreements, not a right to defend themselves from an unwanted and often unwarranted divorce...often at the hands/request of a plaintiff already actively involved in another relationship .. in other words, Adultery.

Then, at the same time, I spoke out against the number of declarations of nullity in our Church based on the questionable grounds used, that are most often overturned IF the person knows that they have a right to appeal to the Roman Rota and pursues that avenue in spite of the strong discouragement to do so by most US Tribunals. The original petitioners in these are often the very ones that destroyed the marriage in the first place.

Over those years, I have heard MANY justifications for breaking vows that are not breakable before God. I have never heard it done so slickly as in this case, by Attorney George Felos, in explaining his client's 'love' for Terri and his Adulterous Relationships (yes, there have been more than just one...)

I just came across this article in which Felos justifies (as do MANY Americans) breaking marriage vows... and says that those who uphold the marriage vows and think that adultery is wrong are.... 'cruel-hearted'. And his words are geared to making us all understand how very hard it is to love his wife and be faithful to her..... in sickness, in bad times, til natural death parts them. Are we to feel sorry for Michael????

Yes, I have been told that, also. I have been told that if I truly loved the father of my children, I would want him to be happy no matter WHOM he may be with. False teachings like this abound. We are responsible for trying to help our spouses enter Heaven, for the mutual Salvation of the couple. The generation before us understood this. There is a really good diary out there about Elizabeth Leseur, married to Felix. Upon her death, Felix found her diary, and was repentant, converted and became a Dominican priest. He led retreats, at least ONE of which was attended by our own Archbishop Fulton J Sheen.

Adultery is a 'grave sin' in today's terminology. It used to be called (and still is, in reality) MORTAL SIN which is sufficient to keep us out of Heaven. Mr Felos has spread not only a false teaching about the taking of Terri's life as being MERCIFUL instead of MURDER, but now justifies ADULTERY. May God have Mercy on his soul, and on that of Michael Schiavo. Pray for their conversion.

Also in this article, which I strongly recommend reading, is the account of Pat Anderson's husband Tom Brodersen, with degrees in speech pathology and law, who spent time interacting with Terri, and was teaching her to say yes after he realized she already said 'no'....

Our vows:
The groom says:I (...), take you (...) to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

The bride says:I (...), take you (...) to be my husband.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad,
in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

"Right is still right if nobody is right,
and wrong is still wrong if everybody is wrong."
Archbishop Fulton J Sheen
author of The Life of Christ

LIFE IS PRECIOUS
FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH.
CHERISH IT!
PROTECT IT.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home