Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Conference in New York I attended this past weekend

WONDERFUL!
I have finally unpacked, after being gone to New York for a conference, but I went specifically to get my schedule and to have it handy to remember as I typed this.

The speaker that 'touched' me the most was Roy Shoeman in both of his talks, The Election of the Jews and The Jews and the Second Coming. He sees what I've seen, but he sees it from the perspective of a Jewish Catholic, and he named the demonic forces involved in the warfare going on in Florida surrounding Terri, and all of us (and obviously, through out the world).

I have his book "Salvation is from the Jews", had skimmed it and put it in the 'to read soon' pile that is continually growing here in my home (oh, I tried to tell my kids that I NEED the bookshelves more than a couch... they did not buy it, big sigh, so the couch, etc will come in six weeks, and the books will stay in the boxes .... ) But his book is now on top, and will be read next. He had too much to say to try to put it into capsule form, but shared his conversion story, and a very moving prayer that he askedthat we say for his mother, father and the families of all Jews who enter the Church. As he read it, the words again came from his heart.
That prayer was written by Fr Hermann Cohen, O. C. D.

Fr Joseph Koterski's talks on The Old Covenant; The New Covenant, and The Mystery and Theology of Suffering will be listened to again when my set of tapes from the conference gets here. I think that in order to fully understand his talks I will have to listen again to gain more insight into them. I did not take notes, because I KNEW Iwould be getting the tapes, and wanted to listen while there.

Mark Drogin's talk... on Sat... 'We need Joseph' could be the title. And as one who ended up raising my three essentially alone from ages barely seven years old to ten months old... I can attest... we NEED JOSEPH.
Jesus was not raised by a single mother, an unwed mother. He was raised by a married couple, and Joseph DID have an influence there. Mark's talk was titled on the schedule as being Israel's True Identity andVocation. (He added some words, but I cannot recall them) He talked about Abraham being willing to offer Israel to God in obedience (something that I am not sure I could do...). His reference to Joseph was specially poignant to me.

Ronda Chervin.... such a special woman. I have LITTLE contact with anyone as well educated or published as she is, but she is so sweet, so human,so caring, so honest in her talks. She came from a totally atheistic background, so did not even have her 'Jewish' roots to fall back on in her search for Truth. She learned, as many have, that Truth is a Person.

I am also in awe of Alice von Hildebrand, and she can be very humorous as WELL as direct. I wish that I had an opportunity to speak to her, but she was surrounded by those who did know her. She is also a special person, and I have heard her on EWTN.

David Moss...and Ariela LeGendre.... SUCH a treat to meet them and to hear them speak of so many of the things that they have shared over the years in a forum I met them on since it was begun by David.

Mentioned also by David was how simple things are happening to plant seeds for eventual conversion over in Israel, and I loved this, tremendously! All over Israel as young and old take tours of historical places and learn the story, as they serve as taxi drivers, tour directors, even souvenier salespersons.... they have to know the story of Jesus to tell those of us who go there on pilgrimage, tours, etc...wow, when those seeds take ROOT the explosion will be immense!

Then there are those who were NOT on the program that I met... Janet... a wonderfully funny, down to earth (just as she sounds on her blog!) Athol, (actually not the way I had pictured him to be...grin... was thinking more a 'hermity' look there..) is a warm and interesting person I enjoyed meeting immensely. He will be in Mitch igan (michigan) with David and Kathleen Moss for awhile, then it will be fun to hear his views of our nation as he goes elsewhere til May whenhe returns to Australia.... and James ... also a big 'bear' of a guy with a heart... lol able to talk with anyone there. I often just listened in like a little fly on the wall.

Others, Laureen, Lillian... did not have a chance to talk much to them, but was SO neat to put faces with names! Nona.... what a woman.... did such a good job of putting this together and the food that (oh, man... sorry, I can SEE her, but I can't remember her name... HELP... LouAnn??) And I loved meeting our little priest from Canada whose last name I cannot spell.... lol) If I missed ANYONE... I am sorry.

I loved being there. I see a movement of the Holy Spirit that is NOT GOING TO STOP, but is going to grow beyond exponentially.

January 27-29, 2006, the next Conference will be held in Jacksonville Florida, at St Joseph Church. Its title is A LIGHT TO THE NATIONS
They are hoping for five hundred. I feel in my heart it may be more, as the speakers that will be there already also have their own following:

Fr Mitch Pacwa
Fr Peter Sabbath
Rosalind Moss
Roy Shoeman
Ariela LeGendre
Judith Cabaud (I believe from Canada..and one of her books is on the AHC website)
David Moss
Mark Drogin

So... reserve January 27-29, 2006 for "A Light to the Nations".

"NEXT YEAR IN JACKSONVILLE" (SOME day in JERUSALEM!)

More will be posted as plans are published.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home