Thursday, October 22, 2009

Father Capodanno and Divine Intervention Films

I first heard of Fr Vincent Capodanno on a web-group called CCLite2 from a man named Nino that comes from the Island that is long. He spoke with admiration about him, and then told us about a new book, "The Grunt Padre", written by Fr Daniel ...Mode. He has been one of my heroes ever since Nino
told us about him.

Fr Mode, as it turned out, was my sister's pastor in northern Virginia. On our next trip out to visit her, we met him, and he autographed a few books for me. Fr Mode is also now serving as a Navy Chaplain.

Fr Vincent Capodanno is a Medal of Honor recipient. He was wounded in a battle as he tended to his injured and dying grunts while on his second tour in Vietnam, on three separate occasions that final day. The third injury, true to tradition, was enough to send him Home (and home). He died Sept 4, 1967, serving the Marines that he was with.

May he rest in peace.
I have long hoped that a really good movie would be made about his life. I hope that this young man's dream comes true.

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home