Friday, September 18, 2009

What is that?

I have had this 'on hold' for several days, enjoying it immensely.

A brother bought a birdfeeder for Mom, and his wife and he had brought the bird seed. Mom, however, wasn't enjoying it where it had been planted, because the couch blocked the lower part of the window.

One day, I thought...if that feeder was on the SIDE of the house, across the driveway, Mom could see it. I mentioned it to another sister-in-law, who promptly went out, and moved it. After adjusting it, she filled it.

Later that day, Mom yelled for me to come quick and look!! She was trying to count the MANY birds (sparrows) out there, and they kept changing places. She managed twice to get to thirty. There had to be at least that many. She called me back out there at least ten times that next couple of hours. A few times, I barely made it back down to my computer, sat down, and she'd excitedly call me back out to 'See all the birds!!!"

Since that day, a couple of months ago, Mom has repeated that same scenario many times, each time telling me to look in the bushes, look at the feeder, look at the ground... OH, MY! There they all go again!". She loves it.

This video reminds us that there is a time in life when things change....and the parent becomes ...the child.

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father…So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
Matthew 10:29-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home