Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Catholic Thing - My Mother's Hands

The Catholic Thing - My Mother's Hands

The Catholic Thing - My Mother's Hands


My Mom and I are now living together, in her home. She wants to die here, and had begged me to come back and live with her again...she said it was because she was lonely, and there was no reason for both of us to be alone.

I know it was also because she KNEW that she could trust me to do the best I could do to care for her -- here -- just as she had once taken care of her own mother -- at home.

A sibling was talking to Mom on the phone one day, and Mom said.. "Well, she's here now, but I don't know for how long..." I just looked at her and said...

"I am here for the duration, Mom... until death us do part".

Mom beamed and said to my sibling... "She says I am stuck with her til the end!"

Mom, also, has been diagnosed with dementia, and can not live alone any longer.

Twice in my life I have promised someone to be faithful until death. Mom knows by my life that my word is good, even when Mankind says something different with their Civil Law. God's Law is above Man's Law.

God bless!


Shared via AddThis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home