Wednesday, September 24, 2008

There comes a time when personal desires have to take a back seat...

For a long time, I have watched SENATORS reaching for the ultimate bar of the Presidency. I have listened to each of them discuss the things that SHOULD be done, that COULD be done, and that they WILL do "when I am elected".

And I often wondered why NONE of them has been in Washington DC doing THEIR JOB.

If it COULD be done, why wasn't it?

If it SHOULD be done, why weren't they working on it?

And if it WILL be done when they are elected President, why not start NOW?

There was a time in my life that I was chief executive of my family. My desire also included returning to school for a change in my career. For awhile, it looked like I was doing just fine at handling my functions as Mom, Nurse, Student, taxi service, events coordinator, sports observer, community organizer, etc, etc, etc.

Then my son needed surgery. I had to add to all of my responsibilities that of medical advisor and patient advocate with not only the MD's, but also his father and the insurance companies.

All things still SEEMED to be going well, but it was all taking a toll. There came a point where I had to make a decision as to WHERE MY PRIMARY JOB WAS FOR THE MOMENT.

I could have insisted on my right to continue as I had been doing, and 'coordinate' things long distance, via getting others to sit in for me, keep me updated, etc....

But MY SON needed me to fulfill my current (not future) role as his MOM...and it was time to put everything else on the back burner, and spend the days/nights with him in the hospital.

I had to put school on hold, and I had to take time off from my job...for my PRIMARY position as Mother.

Today, our nation is in need of surgery, and it is VITAL that our elected officials DO THEIR JOB!

THAT JOB, for McCain and Obama, IS AS AN ELECTED SENATOR, NOT as a POTENTIAL PRESIDENT! AND, THAT includes BIDEN!

McCain AND Obama belong IN DC doing the jobs that they have ALREADY been elected to~ NOW! (And yes, that also includes duly elected SENATOR Biden!)

McCain saw this... Obama doesn't get it...he wants to look "Presidential'.... whatever that means...

Obama says that he can juggle more plates than just one... so can many of us.
BUT, ONLY THOSE ELECTED TO THE SENATE can do the work of the Senate.

When a child needs surgery, a parent's place is AT HIS BEDSIDE.
When the nation is in a crisis, EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL should put down what they are doing that is NOT part of the emergency and DO THEIR JOB!

God bless!



4 Comments:

Blogger meggimugs said...

Amen Sista. They need to get this worked through and done and over with. Meg :(

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 7:46:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I was really very angry this afternoon when I listened to Obama try to play 'the President' while the nation is in such a crisis. (And yes, I was shouting!)

Whatever 'they' mean when 'they' say he looks so "Presidential" (or she..), it always infuriates me.

When 9/11 happened, 'they' criticized Bush for NOT GETTING BACK TO DC IMMEDIATELY!! NOW they want to say that Obama IS 'Presidential' when he says he can do this from a distance when it is his JOB as an elected official to BE IN DC???

Who do 'they' think they are kidding?!

"We, the People" want a debate to take place when WE MAY NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO BUY A NEW CAR (which I need badly), PAY FOR OUR HOMES, KEEP OUR JOBS, ETC??

This is big... Obama said so...as he then said.. my interpretation... "I'm going to put my people in there, and have my people do my work, while I sit here and LOOK and SOUND Presidential, and INFER that McCain can't MULTI-TASK like I can!"....

HE IS A SENATOR, he is NOT a President! He was elected to WORK for his State, his nation... NOT to have someone else do his work for him. THIS job IS a Senator's job, and this is exactly why we are where we are today. They ARE NOT DOING THEIR WORK! They hold committee meetings, they investigate stupid things, and they neglect the important things.

And then they blame BUSH?

As far as I am concerned, Obama blew it big time.

AND, the 'Call me if I am needed' turned into... 'Get back here NOW!'

Watch him try to turn it into 'They needed me, they called, and I came'.... Instead, McCain asked for them to both be included in meetings to try to come to some sort of solution, AND... Obama now looks like a recalcitrant child petulantly having to be obedient to his superiors.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 10:03:00 PM CDT  
Blogger meggimugs said...

Did you see where he (Obama) destroyed the talks in the White House? I read it off of Rush's website. Too bad what goes on in there stays in there, but only to a certain point. The libs are really showing their bad sides and I wonder what is going to happen after this election and other things....Just like Pope John Paul II said, we are walking in the footsteps of Rome before its collapse and going down the same trail.....Thank goodness I am Catholic or this would be really scary... Meg

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 11:00:00 PM CDT  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

I didn't see that, Meg. Wish I had.

Have you read Lori Kalner's emails to the Thoene's? She lived in Germany while Hitler came to power... and she has been warning us all.

NOW, that song that teacher had the children sing? THAT was one way that Hitler also spread propaganda. I sent the video to Bodie, and she is going to talk to Lori about it and see what she thinks, as well.

I have the video. The person who put it online has made it private, AND deleted or reported as spam most of the comments. (I have most of those now as well... )

God bless!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 1:53:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home