Sunday, July 30, 2006

Distortions of Stem Cell Veto--It is the TAX FUNDING

UPDATE at 8:49 PM(and I wish I had gone here before I posted all below, because she HAS the ad on her blog! And SHE is as angry about it as I am!! HT to Mary of Freedom Eden )
Mary wrote, among other things:
"This latest ad from Doyle really ticks me off because it is just so intellectually dishonest."

See Doyle's newest
TV ad.

Read the Doyle campaign's
press release.



Read the Republican Party of Wisconsin's response to the ad.

The above were from July 24.
This link is another from July 27th.
**********************************************************
Ok, I heard it again today, and it makes me angry.

A very sad mother of diabetic child saying that Green voted against research that would save her daughter's life (diabetes) and outlawed stem cell research and that he is "EXTREME"....


NOT TRUE.

The Veto did no such thing, Green's Vote did no such thing. What it did was to say that my tax money would not be used to do research that would destroy a human life in order to DO that research. It did not outlaw anyone in the private sector from funding any types of research.

This is one of the ways that many deliberately distort facts to 'get their point across', and also to slip things by those who do not pay attention and think for themselves.

Several days ago, or perhaps longer, I put a scoreboard on my blog that shows the ratio of Stem Cell Research to EMBRYONIC Stem Cell Research.

Today, I am also going to put a few other bloggers in the limelight who can say things as well or better than I on this topic.

Captain's Quarters

The Anchoress

Doug TenNapel

And there are others. There was NO BAN on any type of Stem Cell Research made in that veto. There was only a refusal to use tax money to fund EMBRYONIC Stem Cell Research, which destroys a life in order to obtain those cells from the embryo that are then used in the research...

What exactly is so hard to understand about that?

Oh, And I am going to put that SCOREBOARD here again, also....






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home