Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sad news

So many times it seems that when we must say good bye to one person, He gives us a new one to love. Not long before my mother called to tell me of my newest niece's arrival, I picked up the paper at work and found that a woman I had worked with for a long time had passed away. Just a matter of minutes, it seems.

So many of the nurses and nursing assistants I used to work with have left us already, and I can't honor them all by name here. But today, I can say good-bye for now to
Lucy Heimmerman, RN, of St Elizabeth Hospital.
I worked with Lucy, though on a different shift on a couple of the favorite units where I spent a great deal of my nursing career at the hospital.

Her smile is contagious, and something that I will never forget. Her quick ways. She was as pretty on the inside as she was on the outside. And she was a good nurse.

God bless you, Lucy, and may you rest in Him for Eternity.

To your family, I pray Numbers 6:24-26 today
The LORD bless you and keep you:
The LORD make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

And now, for all of my former co-workers and Lucy,

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.
Amen.
May all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home